• Is Halo Nation Training PTY LTD (HaloNT) nationally accredited?

    Yes. HaloNT was assigned Registered Training Organisation (RTO) number 32485 in July, 2010. At that time, HaloNT was the only RTO in Queensland to be accredited under the new system, and to be fully compliant with all the requirements of an RTO providing services in High Risk Licensing.

  • Where can a HaloNT Partner train?

    A HaloNT Partner can train anywhere in the world.

  • Where can a HaloNT Partner assess?

    Currently, a HaloNT assessor can only assess high risk work licences in Queensland and New South Wales. HaloNT has approval under separate state jurisdiction to provide high risk licensing outcomes in both states, subject to the assessors qualifications. If you can assess in Dogging, and you have become aligned with HaloNT in NSW, you will be able to assess under HaloNT RTO coverage in that state.

    An assessor in a non-accredited (or non-regulated) course or unit can assess anywhere where they are approved by the RTO. HaloNT provides for the alignment of assessors to HaloNT for the purpose of conducting assessments in non-accredited (or non-regulated) courses or units to HaloNT.

  • What is Assessor alignment?

    In order for an RTO (HaloNT) to deliver a high risk licence outcome, the RTO must be accredited in that state. In order for an assessor to assess a high risk licence outcome, they must be accredited with the Workplace Health and Safety authority in that state, and be aligned with the RTO.

  • What is involved in Assessor alignment?

    This varies from state to state. Currently, Qld requires a completed application form (Form 93), and RTO alignmnent form (Form 91) evidence of identity and work licences, copies of VET competencies, industry evidence and $188.60 per class of registration.

    Qld WHS(Q) Assessor Aignment Info

    NSW requirements are very similar to Qld, except in one very important respect. If your application meets NSW WorkCover requirements, you will be required to undertake:

    - a workplace health and safety knowledge exam (new applicants)
    - a written assessment of the licence classes you have applied for.

  • Do I need an ABN?

    HaloNT does not require an ABN from its partners to enter into a Partnership agreement.

    Setting one up is very easy, but it is a Tax Office issue, and is certainly not one of HaloNT's requirements. If you intend to bill more than $75,000 per year (either under your own name or under a company you operate or own) the ATO will require one from you.

    Our Partnership is very easy - you train your own trainees, and HaloNT provides your RTO coverage. You can charge your trainees what you like, and we charge you a set fee for service. Simple! We will charge you GST for the service that we provide, and if you have an ABN you can offset that cost, and if you don’t, then you can’t.

  • What does HaloNT provide me for my fees?

    HaloNT has a number of statutory and other regulatory requirements that must be met as part of its RTO registration. Firstly, HaloNT is required to pay registration fees to the National regulator each year based on the number and type of courses and units that we have on scope.

    Secondly, HaloNT has a requirement to collect and archive all the documents that are sent to it for processing. Currently, holding requirements seem to vary from state to state, but Qld requires that documents be held for a minimum of 30 years. HaloNT stores approximately one 20' container every year.

    Thirdly, HaloNT must do something with the trainee information that is provided on the enrolment forms. Until 1st January, 2014, reporting this information was only required for selected courses. Now it is required for almost everyone. HaloNT operates a system called onCourse and pays licence fees for the software, and remote server storage fees for data storage. All the information on the enrolment form has to be keyed in by an operator, and this takes approx 6 minutes per trainee. If a trainee is from a company, there are additional fields that must be input, and if the trainee has been provided with funding, then it is even more complicated. This is why we offer a discount for the processing of bundles of trainees greater than 10 - certain of the information is now in common, and it makes the data input faster.

    Fourthly, there is the ongoing development and application process for new courses. This can take many hours of work from a wide range of industry experts, and all that costs money. In addition, each new unit or course applied for can cost around $900 in application fees to the regulator alone. Additionally, there is the cost for the actual training materials, which will be either developed or purchased, and this also costs money. Until a course has been added to scope, all of this is money invested, but with no return, and approval times can run to many months.

    Lastly, there are the costs associated with compliance and audit. Currently, HaloNT rates its Partners based on risk - similar to the way HaloNT itself is assessed by the regulator. If our risk is low, then the external cost of maintaining compliance is relatively low. If the risk is higher, then so is our cost. HaloNT does not currently on-charge any audit or compliance activities to HaloNT Partners. This cost is currently bourne entirely by HaloNT, and it is our intention that this remain the case.

  • My HRW licence has expired. What do I do?

    A licence holder can renew their licence within three months of the expiry date, or 12 months since the expiry date. If a renewal application is lodged before the expiry date, the individual can continue to operate. If a renewal application is lodgedafter the licence has expired, they are unable to operate as they are unlicensed until their application is approved.

    A licence holder is unable to renew their licence when it has been expired for over 12 months. In this situation, a licence holder would need to be retrained and reassessed, and apply for a new licence at Australia Post. If a licence holder believes they have exceptional circumstances causing the delay in renewing their licence, they should contact Workplace Health and Safety Queensland on 1300 362 128.

    Further information on renewing HRW licences, including renewing online, can be found here: https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/apply-renew-or-replace-licences/renew-a-high-risk-work-licence